Who we are
Background and scope
BUS AND COACH DRIVERS ASSOCIATION INC is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information it collects and receives. This policy has been developed in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act ).
This policy explains how Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc collects, uses, discloses and otherwise handles personal information relating to individuals, whether or not they are members. It also explains how you can ask to access and correct the personal information we hold about you or complain about any suspected privacy breach. Nothing in this policy limits any of our other obligations at law.
Collection of personal information
Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc is required to collect personal information only by lawful and fair means. Where possible we will collect personal information we require directly from you.
Personal information we hold may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, your employer and employment details if provided directly by you and as relevant our purposes, your preferences and interests as relevant to your membership or potential membership with Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc, and information we require to perform our services to you, or to allow the organisation you work for to provide Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc with services. Further information may be collected with your consent in specific instances as notified to you.
Personal information entered into the Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc database will not be used or disclosed by us, except as authorised by you or as is reasonably necessary for the purposes outlined to you.
Should you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services, or may not be able to provide you with the services to a sufficient level that we regard as best practice.
We may collect personal information:
- From the information supplied by you to Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc, including as described in the analytics section below
- in conversation and communication with you and your employees
- from organisations with whom we partner with to offer membership benefits
- from third parties including employees, service providers, related companies or your representatives
- from publicly available sources of information
- when we are required to do so by law
- Where Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc collects your personal information, Bus and Coach
Drivers Association Inc will take reasonable steps to notify you of:
- the purposes for which we are collecting the information
- the third parties to whom we may disclose the information of that kind
- whether any of those third parties are located overseas and, if practicable to specify, the countries in which they are located
- how to access and correct personal information and make privacy complaints
- Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc will only collect sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary for our core functions or activities. For example, we may collect:
- information about your membership of other professional associations for which we have reciprocal arrangements (such as CIPD) with your consent
- information about dietary requirements for events and conferences
- identification as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or other nationality for enrolment into qualifications that are on Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc’s scope of self-development
Where it is practical and lawful for us to do so, Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc will enable you to access our website and make general telephone enquiries without having to identify yourself or by using a pseudonym. Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc also enables you to respond to our surveys anonymously.
Cookies through the Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc Website
Most internet browsers are set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive them, you can adjust your internet browser to reject cookies. Rejecting cookies can, however, limit the functionality of our website. There are a range of websites that provide tips on how to disable cookies. Here is an example. However please note that Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc does not endorse the content of external websites. You are advised to refer to them at your discretion.
Web and Email Analytics
Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc has enabled the Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting functionality available through Google Analytics. Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc and our associates use first-party cookies (Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (the DoubleClick cookie)to collect information.
Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc and its authorised service providers, use web beacons in conjunction with cookies to collect information that enables us to greater tailor our services to your interests and needs, such as your browsing activities and website and email clicks. Web beacons typically work in conjunction with cookies and are small graphic images that may be included in our sites or other communications and can identify our users and user behaviour. Our authorised service providers may also use information collected from your browsing activities to help us target relevant advertising on our website and other places on the Internet. These technologies assist Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc to understand the usefulness of our offerings to you and help to deliver increasingly greater value to our membership and other services .
If you would like to opt-out of the collection of cookies and other technologies then follow the instructions above (in the ‘Cookies through the Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc website’). This will instruct you on how to reject cookies. You can also find out more from Google.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be used by us or our associates to:
- provide products and services to you
- collect payments and to administer your account
- provide you with updated or new information about our products and services
- for development of existing and new products and services
- maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems
- promote our other products and services to you
- In providing our products and services, or collecting and using your personal information, your personal information may be disclosed to third party organisations including:
- information technology service providers
- conference organisers
- marketing and communications agencies
- mailing houses, freight and courier services
- printers and distributors of direct marketing material
- our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors
- regulatory, government and other authorities as required by law
- international bodies with which we have mutual recognition agreements (for example, CPID to confirm a member’s membership status)
- members of Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc committees such as State Councils and advisory committees
- our partners and sponsors to enable them to provide information about their products and services
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc at any time through the following channels:
By Mail – Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc,
By Email – email@example.com
By telephone – (07) 3063 7223
By utilising the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages such as emails and SMS
You agree and acknowledge that even if you opt out of receiving information about future events or marketing material, we will still send you essential information that we are required to send you relating to the services we provide.
Unsolicited personal information is personal information we receive that we have taken no active steps to collect. If the information we receive is not required for Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc to perform one or more of our services or activities, Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc will destroy or de-identify the information as soon as practicable.
Quality of personal information
Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc takes reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your information
- Security of personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
You can also help to protect the privacy of your personal information by keeping passwords secret and by ensuring that you log out of the website when you have completed your transaction. If you become aware of any security breach, please contact Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc as soon as possible.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc is not responsible for the privacy or security of third party websites that you access via links on the Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc website.
Access and correction of your personal information
You are able to access your personal information that we hold, with some exceptions as allowed by law. To obtain a copy of your personal information, write to the Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc requesting the information and we will assess your request and provide you with a response, usually within ten working days. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the provision of this information. If we refuse your request, or if we refuse to give you access in the manner you requested, Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc’s policy is to provide you with written confirmation of the reasons for our refusal and the available complaint process.
Members can access and update their contact details by logging in to the member-only area of the website. For any personal information that can’t be accessed and corrected through website, please contact Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc Secretary.
This policy may be varied from time to time by any changes to our practices or changes in the way we collect, use and disclose any personal information. You should check this policy regularly so that you are aware of any variations made to this policy.
If you have a complaint about how the Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc has collected, stored or used your personal information, please contact Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc’s Secretary. We will endeavour to deal with your complaint and take any steps necessary to resolve the matter promptly, but usually within ten business days.
If your complaint is unable to be resolved within ten business days, Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc will advise you in writing including letting you know when we expect to provide our response.
If you are unhappy with our response, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, whose contact details can be found here
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
1300 363 992
Please contact Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc if you have any queries about the personal information that Bus and Coach Drivers Association Inc holds about you including the way we use or disclose that personal information or you wish to access or correct the personal information held by us or opt out of receiving our marketing communications. Our contact details are set out below.
No political party involvement means the focus is on member needs and lower costs. Association structure empowers members and branches. The Constitution and By-Laws decentralise the power and keep policy development processes open. The Bus and Coach Drivers’ Association of Queensland Inc. as an arm of PDAA is a non-political party alternative to the Union. Every membership dollar supports you, your workplace issues, provides you with legal backup. You get a better service for less than the Union price.